*

Monday, February 7, 2011

feathering the nest

okay, this post is a little out of the ordinary for me. but the truth is, coen is battling a nasty double ear infection (starting a second round of meds today), and i need something to take my mind off of that fussy, clingy, cutie pie boy...who just happens to be napping at the moment.

i am obsessed with decorating the new house. obsessed. i loose sleep over it. really. it is so exciting and overwhelming. i think the overwhelming thing is that i am so far out of my comfort zone. i always lean towards warm rustic colors; brown, red, green, orange. but for some reason this house is drawing me to a cool crisp pallet of blues, greens, and buttery yellow. perhaps is the spectacular views, or the whole idea of living on an island. who knows. BUT this is do know, this table started it all. i came across a woman that beautifully restores old furniture. when i saw this table, i think i screamed inside. she did an amazing job with it. the palette of the seats is what threw me into this decorating frenzy!



love love love it. i also bought a buffet from her, but i don't have a picture of it. i don't really even know what i am going to do with it yet. but we have one shot to ship stuff and have it included in our relocation, so i am not holding back. no way, no how (poor wes).








2 comments:

  1. I love this!! So excited to see the new pieces and style you pull together. Which, of course, will look fantastic! loosing sleep over decor! So can relate! I couldn't fall asleep for over an hour last night as I was thinking of what to do with our office- which Brian is thankfully setting aside some money to budget for it. Ideas are endless! Can't wait friend to see what you do!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pal I can't believe you are moving to Hawaii... it seems like just yesterday you made it to Vancouver. I'm sure you are thinking the same thing : ) I guess I should figure out when to request my reservation at L'hotel Thelen, HI. I've never been! Enjoy the move (wink, wink) and I can't wait to see your new decor color scheme!

    ReplyDelete